This privacy notice is provided to help you understand how we collect, use, share, protect, and otherwise deal with your personal information when you visit www.loopjamaica.com, www.looptt.com, www.loopnewscaribbean.com, www.loopnewsbarbados.com, www.loopslu.com, www.loopcayman.com, www.loophaiti.com or use our Loop Android and iOS apps.
Who we are
The data Controller for our website and app is Trend Media Limited.
Our contact details
If you have any concerns or questions about our privacy notice, you can contact us via email to: email@example.com or write to us at:
Trend Media Limited
14 Ocean Boulevard
Information we collect about you
We currently collect and process the following information:
- Location data, for example, IP address to determine non-precise location, for example, what country you are in to comply with our licensing agreements;
- Details about your device(s), for example, the unique device ID, the device model, device settings and operating system, -information about your device storage;
- Information about your interaction with our website or app, for example content that you access or view, videos that are streamed and ads that are viewed or clicked.
- Contact information such as your name and email address when contacting us directly
How we get that information and why we have it
Most of the information that we process is provided to us by you:
- When you browse and use the services available at www.loopjamaica.com, www.looptt.com, www.loopnewsbarbados.com, www.loopslu.com, www.loopcayman.com, www.loophaiti.com, www.loopnewscaribbean.com or via our app;
- When you get in touch with us via the contact form on our website or through other channels; or
- Directly from our affiliates with your consent.
We also use various technologies to collect information about your interaction with our website and app, for example, Google Analytics cookies and software development kit (SDK), and the Google Mobile Ads software development kit (SDK)
We will use the information that you have given us to:
1) maintain and provide the services you have requested through our website and app;
2) assist with service related issues, customer care and technical support;
3) improve the performance of the service, product and service development, and customer care;
4) carry out marketing analysis to tailor the services to your preferences – sending you country specific content and information;
5) market our services (and that of third parties) with your consent; and
6) carry out statistical analysis such as analysing the performance of our website and app and to understand how visitors use them.
Legal basis for using your information
We will only use your personal data where we have a legal ground to do so. In every case, the legal ground will be one of the following:
- Where you give us your consent, for example where you have given your consent to send you marketing notifications. You can withdraw your consent at any time by contacting us via our contact details or by changing your preferences under your device settings;
- For our legitimate business interest, where it is necessary for us to understand how users use our website or apps, and to analyse what content has been viewed on our website or app, for marketing and improving our services;
- For the performance of our advertising contracts with external partners
- To comply with our legal and regulatory obligations.
International Transfer of Data
Where applicable and in order to provide some of our products and services to you, we may transfer your personal information internationally to companies in Digicel Group, our partners and service providers involved in delivering and maintaining the products and services you use.
If we do transfer any of your personal information to other countries, we will ensure that there is an adequate level of protection for your personal information and ensure that a proper legal agreement is in place to cover such data transfers to these countries.
If you would like further information about this please contact us via ‘Our Contact Details’ above.
Who we share your information with
We share your information with:
- our subsidiaries and affiliates; and
- partners and service providers involved on our behalf in delivering the services to you (that includes our payment gateway and subscription management provider, website developer, app developer and engagement platform provider);
We ensure there is a data processing agreement in place so that your personal information is only processed for a specified purpose and that it is protected in accordance with privacy laws.
How we store your information
We take the appropriate technical and organisational security measures to protect your personal information against unauthorised access and unlawful processing, accidental loss, damage or destruction.
We keep your personal information for no more than is necessary for the purposes set out in this privacy notice unless we are required to so for a longer period to comply with legal, tax or regulatory reasons. When we no longer need or are not required to keep your information we will securely delete your information and ensure all recipients of your data also comply with the same.
Where you have given us your consent to use your data and you decide to withdraw that consent, we will delete your personal data unless we are required to keep it for reasons we have explained above. We may need to keep a piece of your contact information e.g. your email address in our records so we know that you have withdrawn your consent and ensure we honour your choice.
Your data protection rights
You can do the following at any time by contacting us:
- Request to see a copy of the information we have about you;
- Request to update any incorrect or inaccurate information we have about you;
- Restrict or object to us processing your information in certain circumstances;
- Have us delete any information we have about you in certain circumstances;
- Transfer the information you gave us to another organisation, or to you, in certain circumstances;
- Express any concern you have about our use of your information;
- To opt-out of marketing messages - you can also opt-out by clicking the link at the end of any marketing email, text or message to unsubscribe, or disable push notifications, or change your preferences on your device settings; and
- To opt-out of automated profiling.
Our website may contain links to other third party websites. Please be aware that we are not responsible for the content or privacy practices of such other websites. We encourage you to read the privacy statements and cookie policies of these third party websites before you use or give them your personal information.
Changes to our privacy notice
This privacy notice was last updated on December 12th, 2019
We may change this privacy notice from time to time, when we do we will inform you via our website.